Committee Mission Statement and Message from the Chair
The Quality and Standards Committee’s mission is to look closely at what we do as an anesthesiology subspecialty and seek ways in which we can highlight and share the quality that we provide whilst developing the areas that need improvement.
a large committee filled with experts in the fields of organ transplant anesthesia as well as members becoming experts. We have started a series of practice reviews covering pediatric liver, adult liver and living donor liver transplants. We have plenty still to cover and I would like to encourage any would-be members to take the plunge and commit to one of our focus groups.
Adrian Hendrickse, BM, MMEd FRCA
Chair Quality and Standards Committee
Goals and Objectives
- To review practice nationally and to compare that with existing practice worldwide.
- To provide guidance and recommendations, using the best evidence available, in order to improve the quality of care that our subspecialty provides to patients needing our attention.
- To publish such recommendations and develop best practice guidelines and standards where possible.
- To share our knowledge and experience nationally and internationally.
Committee’s Action Plan
- To continue to work together as an overarching committee to support the variety of sub-subspecialty interest groups.
- To develop those sub-subspecialty interest groups into focus groups capable of undertaking their own directed quality and standards work.
- To continue to publish SATA recommendation and guidelines.
- To collaborate with similar international groups.
Chair: Adrian Hendrickse BM MMEd FRCA
Co-Chair: Cara Crouch MD