Committee Mission Statement
We, Dr.’s Barbara Wilkey and Joshua Knight, are your cardiothoracic transplant committee chairs of SATA, beginning August 1st, 2021. The championing of cardiothoracic and abdominal transplantation anesthesia go hand-in-hand within our professional society. Both fields are rapidly advancing with constant significant developments in surgical and anesthetic management and innovation. The goal of our committee is to steer SATA continuously towards the forefront of this future by cultivating research opportunities, upholding education of trainees and veteran anesthesiologists alike, welcoming national and international collaboration, and setting the clinical standards of thoracic transplant care.
Goals and Objectives
- Support residency and fellowship program directors’ interest in thoracic transplant education
- Promote cardiothoracic content at regional, national, and international meetings
- Coordinate distribution of societal cardiothoracic transplant educational materials on the society website and at meetings in conjunction with the Cardiothoracic Transplant Education Task Force and Newsletter Committee
- Advance research endeavors of SATA members and with other professional societies
- Host regular meetings of the cardiothoracic transplant committee to maintain member interest and productivity
- Serve as liaison between the executive board of SATA and all representative thoracic subcommittees
Many subcommittees within SATA are fulfilling our committee’s goals and objectives. Therefore much of our action plan serves to coordinate the efforts of these groups into the most effective plan for the vision of SATA. While fulfilling the above goals and objectives, we will heavily rely upon our colleagues in the research committee, education committee, fellowship committee and vanguard committees.
Dr. Joshua Knight & Dr. Barbara Wilkey