- This event has passed.
2022 SATA Symposium
March 21 @ 8:00 am - 4:35 pm
Place: Zoom Platform (virtual)
Time: Monday, March 21, 2022 (10:00 AM to 3:35 PM EST)
(Starting 7AM PST; 8AM MST; 9AM CST)
This SATA National meeting is a virtual meeting that has been designed to provide a broad spectrum of clinicians with a review of the latest updates on a variety of intra-operative and critical care management topics that involve abdominal and thoracic transplant patients.
- Discuss clinical approaches in the perioperative management of liver transplant patients with metabolic syndromes (Pediatric) or obesity (adult)
- Discuss clinical management of adult liver transplant patients with ECMO support
- Review the current practice management of liver transplantation anesthesia in adult and pediatric population based on National Surveys and UNOS organ allocation system
- Share the experience as Director of adult liver transplantation anesthesia to seek a better practice management
- Discuss the importance of the national anesthesia database in transplant anesthesia research
- Debate the pros and cons of the use of opioids for liver transplantation recipients
- Review current practices in thoracic transplantation anesthesia in the area of COVID
- Review current practices of DCD donors on heart transplantation and lung transplantation for the patients with severe pulmonary hypertension
Specialists working in the area of organ transplantation (ex., transplant anesthesiologists, intensivists, transplant surgeons, other transplant medicine specialists, and CRNAs); Trainees (ex., residents, fellows); Students (medical students, nursing students)