SATA Social Media Policy
The policy has been approved by the SATA Board of Directors (10/19/2018)
The Society for Advancement in Transplant Anesthesia (SATA) uses social media as an interactive forum for education and for the transmission of information of importance to the SATA membership. Materials transmitted through social media include:
- Scientific abstracts and reports
- Didactic material developed by SATA
- News from SATA and the transplant-community
- Challenging clinical scenarios
- Expert opinion and commentary about the science and culture of our practice.
The Society would like readers to know that materials made available by SATA on social media is the property of SATA. The SATA name and logo affiliates a given social medium with SATA. SATA social media sites are limited to matters relevant to the field of perioperative transplant anesthesiology and are not intended for personal or other purposes.
- SATA makes reasonable efforts to review the content posted on its social media platforms.
SATA reserves the sole right to review, block and/or delete posted material, in whole or in part, immediately and without notice. Examples of visual or audible content that may be deleted or blocked include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Negative comments about participants’ or a non-participants’ person;
- Topics that are not relevant to the focus of the educational material including promotion or solicitation of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations, products and programs not specifically approved by SATA);
- Any content that uses foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language; even if intended to be humorous);
- Comments that advocate, sanction, or encourage any illegal activity;
- Comments that encourage violation of any applicable local, state, or national laws or regulations;
- Comments that are misleading by misrepresenting one’s affiliation or relationship with a person or entity, or that are otherwise false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- Comments that claim to represent the standard of practice in any health system without formal approval from that entity.
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments that constitute ad hominem (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant),
- Comments that violate the privacy of any individual or group; and
- Comments that seek to advertise or promote specific products or services.
- The opinions and views expressed by users on SATA social media platforms, including, but not limited to, our Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook, accounts are the expressions of individual and online communities that are not endorsed by SATA or any of its directors, officers, partners, representatives or affiliates.
- SATA reserves the sole right to, immediately and without notice, limit, suspend, or terminate any individual user’s ability to post content to any SATA social media platform. SATA will not be liable in any way for its action or inaction in this regard.
- SATA makes no representations or guarantees of any kind regarding scientific support for the accuracy of information posted on any SATA social media platform. SATA’s moderation does not constitute formal peer review and the scientific accuracy of SATA social media postings is not assured by SATA. Thus, SATA will not be liable for damages of any kind based on or in any way related to any SATA social media platform, the monitoring or moderation (or lack thereof) of any content thereon, or the use of any information posted to follow.
- Material posted on any SATA social media platform is provided for informational purposes only. Such information is not intended to be personal medical advice, nor is it intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician or other health care provider.
- All links to other web sites found in any SATA social media platform are provided as a service to readers, but do not constitute endorsement of those sites, or their links, by SATA, and as such SATA is not responsible for the content of external web sites. In addition, the use by any person of any such link is at such person’s sole discretion and risk, and SATA shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of the use of such link.
- By submitting content to any SATA social media platform, the user understands and acknowledges that this information is available to the public, and that SATA may display and use this information for internal and external promotional purposes, and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of the posting individual and beyond the control of SATA. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via this site used by other parties, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on these sites.
- SATA does not provide exclusive legal rights to the content originator or an assignee. All material posted on this page is not protected by copyright and can be used by others under the terms of the Creative Commons License. Posting of material which is already under another person’s or entity’s copyright is not permitted without prior written permission. However, users can and should refer to copyrighted material using standard academic citation procedures.
- If you believe that content or material posted on any SATA social media platform infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please contact us at (888) 975-6401 or email@example.com